PHP is going to release its official version 7.4 on 28 Nov 2019 with its new features, deprecations, and a boost in performance. For more detail on benchmarking or it’s right for your site or not Check this in-depth overview of what’s new in PHP 7.4
- The official date of PHP 7.4 release date
- What are the major features of PHP 7.4?
- PHP 7.4 vs PHP 7.3
- PHP 7.4 comparison performance benchmarks
- PHP benchmark details (PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2,PHP 7.3,PHP 7.4)
- What are the benefit of PHP 7.4 vs PHP 7.3
1. The official date of PHP 7.4 release
PHP is going to release its official version php 7.4 at 28 Nov 2019
3. PHP 7.4 vs PHP 7.3
What are the benefit of PHP 7.4 vs PHP 7.3?
- It’s the latest version of PHP so it definitely more secure than PHP 7.3 and other older version.
- Major issues are fixes in the version 7.4
- Its performance is quite faster than 7.3 and other older version
- It will come up with major change for WordPress sites and performance will definitely increase.
- And more over 60% site are made up of PHP so support will be better.
4. PHP 7.4 comparison performance benchmarks
Its performance is quite faster than 7.3 and other older version more details read blow:
5. PHP benchmark details (PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2,PHP 7.3,PHP 7.4) and PHP 8.0 which is not officially announced but it showing result over here Read
PHP 7.4 comparison performance benchmarks
6. What are the major features of PHP 7.4?
Support for typed properties
Support for arrow functions
Covariant Returns and Contravarian Parameters
Coalescence Assignment Operator Support (?? =)
Weak References Support
Propagation operator in array expression
- Do I choose PHP 7.4 version for my site upgrade? And the answer is yes.
- As you see the benchmark result, the latest version P-H-P and its version 7.4 vs PH P 7.3. Version 7.4 is quite better performance as compared to PHP 7.3.
- PHP 8.0 will release at 2021 officially, and that will come up with major feature. So for now it is better option to upgrade.
- More details you can find out here
- Best Cost-effective and cheap Software Development Agency in India
- How to install PHP on MAC OS or Machine
- What is Java 14? Features of Java 14 vs Java 13 Benchmark performance JDK 14
- How to install PHP on Ubuntu 18.04 or Linux
- PHP 8.0 vs PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0 features performance benchmark install setup